Sunday 24 March 2013

NYC Bronzing Powder in Sunny Review


A while ago, I watched a YouTube video featuring Pixi2woo- Tanya Burr. She mentioned this and I have wanted to try it ever since. I finally got my hands on it and so far I'm loving it!


Sunny is packaged in bronze plastic cosmetic packaging, and comes with a mirror in the lid and a round applicator sponge. I'm not a fan of the packaging, as mine has difficulty closing, and overall feels like it could break somewhat easily. However, I love the sun imprint in the powder itself... perfect for a bronzer!

I would describe Sunny as a light-medium, matte bronzing shade. It is certainly warm (which most bronzers are), but isn't orange at all on my skin.



I was really surprised by the formulation of this powder. It is nicely pigmented, blends well, and has no crumbling in the pan. I've been using the Real Techniques contour brush (which you can find in the core collection, available in boots) to apply this and it works wonderfully!

NYC Sunny bronzer retails for roughly £3, and considering its quality, this is a steal. I now get why everyone raves about it! The low price tag is definitely not reflective of the actual product, however the packaging could definitely be improved!  I think this bronzer would work best on lighter complexions, though it is buildable.
 
Sophie
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment